This past November, the Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance held a seminal Forum
to discuss the trends and impacts of online cyber crime and terrorism and what organizations are doing to address these threats both now and in the future.
Attended by over 100 senior public safety executives from private, public and academic organizations, the Forum has resulted in a number of critical calls to action including the formation of Standing Council to advance a cyber security roadmap for Canada, and the recently announced plans for a study of the Canadian Cyber Security labour market
The presentations from key speakers are now available for immediate download from the CATA Research Repository. These include:
- Cybersecurity Landscape - by Nadya Bartol, CISSP, CGEIT, Vice President of Industry Affairs and Cybersecurity Strategist, Utilities Telecom Council
- Addressing the Elephant in the Room - by J. Paul Haynes, P.Eng. Chief Executive Office, eSentire
- Cybersecurity principles - by Koos Lodewijkx, Director, CTO for IT Risk, IBM Corporation
- Making Canada A Global Leader in Cybersecurity - by Jeff Tracey, Director of Business Development, VENUS Cybersecurity Corporation
- Landscape and Threat Briefing - by Scott Montgomery, VP, CTO WW Public Sector, Intel Security
- Understanding and Analyzing Cyber-Threats as a Malicious Method - by Valarie Findlay, President, HumanLed Inc.
Note these presentations are free for all CATA members, research subscribers, and public safety officers. Otherwise a $90 fee will apply.
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 05 December, 2014.